If you’re a successful farmer, you’ve probably wondered how other successful farmers manage their operations, weather challenges and make decisions.
Here’s your chance to find out.
The Executive Farmer Network (EFN) is a unique experience. Its peer group model brings together top producers to learn from one another, become stronger managers and thrive in a constantly changing farm economy.
This is how it works:
- After signing up, you will be placed in a peer group of seven to 10 successful farmers similar to you, but not in competition with you.
- Your group meets twice yearly at rotating host farm sites. When it’s your turn to host, you receive a complete peer review.
- Encore CEO Tim Schaefer facilitates meetings and provides his own expertise based on 20 years of experience in business coaching and working with hundreds of farmers to help them become more successful.
As an Executive Farmer Network member, you also receive year-round benefits, including access to industry news, ongoing consulting, webinars and conference calls, private social media groups and connections to successful producers.
In terms of discussion topics, everything’s on the table. The group helps each member identify and solve their most pressing challenges. These may include:
- Industry trends
- Key employee development
- Best management practices
- Working with family
- Leadership and succession
- Key performance indicators
Executive Farmer Network group members find their peer group experience extremely valuable—both in the short term and over the long haul.
“The peer group has provided opportunities to see how other farms operate. We exchange ideas with other producers and bring new ideas back to our farm. The peer group participation has helped me to think critically about my own strengths and weaknesses.”
“It has been priceless to meet farmers facing similar challenges and being able to discuss these challenges and come up with ideas on how to handle them.”